Wednesday, April 7, 2010
We used :
- 4 leeks, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 small white onions, diced
- 2 medium anonymous local potatoes that we don't know the name of, medium chop
- a shit ton of minced garlic (it is possible that Taylor dropped the container in the pot)
- about a tablespoon dried dill (we gradually added it to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (we like it spicy so use your judgement)
- 6 cups veggie broth (we used 4 cups low-sodium boxed and 2 cups water with Rapunzel sea salt herb boullion cubes)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
1 tbsp olive oil and 2 leeks cooked til brown and set aside. 2 tbsp olive oil and the other two leeks, halved and sliced thinly, the two onions, and the shit ton of garlic sauteed until soft and browned. Then we added the potatoes and the veggie broth, brought to boil, simmered for 15 minutes. Seasoned w/ the dill, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Then we busted out the immersion blender, pureed everything, tasted, decided it needed some lemon juice, and thought we'd throw in some spinach for kicks. Pureed again...and then.....topped w/ a scoop of tofutti cream cheese and the browned leeks from earlier.
We ate the soup w/ some mixed greens from the farm share, that we threw some salad fixin's on and topped w/ some sourdough croutons we toasted up while the soup was cooking! Overall pretty healthy, I think, and super tasty! The garlic actually wasn't overpowering, at least not now....Taylor's boyfriend is coming over pretty soon so he'll let us know either way then! We are now drinking wine and waiting for a apple blueberry crisp to finish cooking. If you bitches are lucky you will hear about it later.